Monday 16 July 2018

Guardian on UK newspapers and Trump

I have done a post in the readG blog as it started with Guardian today, comments by Roy Greenslade and Matthew d'Ancona.

With this blog I will be going back to what happened in the referendum and the issues that were raised. I do not think the Brexit / Trump links just started a few weeks ago.

Many things are impossible to measure. My guess is that UK newspapers have an older readership but not much info available. Circulation declines quite large for Mirror group  but have the readers moved online? where?

The newspapers were still strong in 2016, social media had more influence in the 2017 election. But now the newspapers and social media will work together. Leav.EU , Breitbart London, Westmonster, for example. So far I have done some retweets with comments. In future I will just put screenshots in this blog.

Slightly off topic, Guardian could report Corbyn differently if they really wanted to shake up the UK news scene. Just my opinion. More or less on topic as the limited reporting of Corbyn during the referendum could be a large part of the explanation of how other ideas gained strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment