Sunday 18 August 2019

Mail on Sunday take on Tory Ministers and Today

Another bit from the Mail on Sunday.

Page 10 , suggestion that Lee Cain , Director of Communications at No 10, considers the Today show on BBC Radio 4 a "total waste of time".

Quote from Dominic Cummings "I never listened to the Today programme for the entire year of the referendum and I intend to repeat this while I am here."

Reporters Harry Cole and James Heale recall that in 1987 Nigel Lawson claimed that Brian Redhead voted Labour.

My guess is that more recently it has been more Conservative friendly. Make up your own mind. Joke follows. John Humphries chats to Kenneth Clarke, calm returns to UK as most go back to sleep.

Recently I did hear Mishal Husain query claims from Dominic Raab about No Deal and the referendum. She stated what I remember - that No Deal was not the offer during the actual referendum. But I think challenges on facts are still unusual on the BBC.

Time will tell. The newspapers seem to be taking fairly fixed positions. Several will support "do or die" until circulation comes to an end. Broadcast media have a choice. They could ask questions and check facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment